Friday, April 24, 2009

My Year...

For most people the year starts in January. January 1st to be exact. When I title this blog, "My Year," I intend to begin with March of last year leading up to March of this year, and now even into almost May.

Last year I moved myself and my(our) children out of the family home and started separation/divorce proceedings. It was the hardest thing I have ever done, and yet it has brought me more peace than anything else the past couple years has brought me. I left a situation that had deteriorated into two people just hurting each other any way they could. Two people that had once loved each other, turned into two people that could do nothing but bring out the worst in each other. Now, being biased, as I am kinda on my own side, I will say that I feel the scales were tipped a little bit. I feel that my behavior was far outweighed by my counterpart, but I am sure he would disagree. That's why living in America is great. He can disagree and I can say I don't give a rat's ass.

This past year I have adjusted to being a single Mom (which wasn't too far of a stretch), continued to work full time (I started working again a year before I left), tried my best to continue school (that seems the first thing to drop when the going gets really tough), and started dating again after being off the market for 11+ years. Out of all these things, I have to say the dating again ranks up there with one of the toughest. That's pretty sad huh.

I want to use this blog to share where I have been, where I am, where I want to go. I find myself feeling like I am at somewhat of a crossroads. I feel like parts of my life are moving forward smooth sailing, and others, well, I feel like I am looking down a path that is familiar and comfortable but wondering if it is the path that I wish to stay on. Or is there a better path? Is there a less travelled path that I should give a whirl. What are my options?

So, if you are still reading, well, sit back and enjoy the ride. One thing you will quickly learn about me, if you haven't already is that I love to tell a story, and I always have a story to tell. I like to live an interesting life, a good life, but interesting nonetheless. And if it doesn't seem all that interesting, just wait, I know I can spice it up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment