Saturday, April 25, 2009

Things that make me go HMMMMM..

I do these posts from time to time, when I see something that makes me wonder. Today the girls and I hit up "Paws at the Park" where I go hiking. I saw a TON of Dads with their kids, and their dog. Now, I saw one Mom with two little boys and the dog. I felt for her, her kids were about 2 years, and the other was about 8 months and in a backpack carrier. Her dog was pretty rowdy as well. I told her she was brave!! She said no, she was crazy, I didn't argue the point.

Most of the Dads (and the one Mom) all had wedding bands on. This is something I look at now, on everyone. Now that I am divorced, I am always curious to see what people are doing with their kids that are in my situation. I was curious to know, where were the Moms?? Is this their day to relax and catch up on the household stuff? Did they just not want to go? Does Dad (and the ONE MOM) love his honey sooo much that he just took the kids out to let her have some "Mommy" time?

I just find it curious nowadays how many Dads I see out with their kids on their own. I mean, I always see Moms out there, have always seen them. But there seems to be an increase in Dads getting out there and taking on the world with all the kids in tow. One guy had two little dogs and three girls about 6-9 years in age. I was impressed. I don't know how thrilled I would be to go out in 80 degree weather with two yappers, and three even bigger yappers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment